Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tool Boxreplacement Latch Post

Agreement of past participle with the object

It:
  • required when this is unstressed pronouns from third person lo, la, li, and the it: I saw some interesting books and I bought them, I buy a shirt I've seen some very beautiful
  • optional but fairly widespread, with the unstressed object pronouns of third person: Marco greeted us (or greeted us ) , excuse me, I had not seen (or there I saw ) ;
  • rare (and characteristic of a literary register or higher) when the direct object is an unstressed pronoun (I ate an apple ). This type of agreement is just more frequent when the object is the relative pronoun that ( the books that I gave ).
Peter Tryphon and Massimo Palermo. Basic Italian Grammar


--------- --------- -------- - --------- --------- --------- ------ --- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -------- - --------- ---------

The grammar allows (not requires) to agree the participle of transitive verbs with the direct object when it precedes the verb. E 'right now say, "The letters I have written," "The things I saw," "I read the books you lent me." It goes not constitute error saying that the corresponding forms do not agree ("The letters I have written" etc.).. The same is true for reflexive verbs apparent: you can say "I washed my hands" or "I washed my hands."

There is only one case in which the participle must be agreed with the object. This happens when the direct object is made up of unstressed pronouns "I", "the", "them": "Did you bring the books? Yes, I took them." With the particles "I", "will", "us", "will" in terms of direct object the requirement of agreement is optional.

E 'equally correct to say, speaking of a girl, "I've seen" as "I saw you."


Rino de Rienzo
http://www.corriere.it/Rubriche/Scioglilingua/scioglilingua041002.shtm the


---------
--------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

0 comments:

Post a Comment